One of the benefits of student life at university is the availability of on-campus resources to support you academically, and with your overall personal growth and career development. These include:
- Choosing a program of study, major, or deciding if you should change your current program.
- Choosing a career path and finding work opportunities.
- Accessing scholarships and financial aid.
- Learning to use the library to conduct research.
- Understanding the expectations of your current courses and getting support with challenging concepts.
- Developing your learning and study success skills.
- Managing your physical and mental health.
Within the university, services are available to support you with these concerns. The costs of these services are supported by your tuition, so it is wise to take advantage of all of the available resources. At university services, you will find support from dedicated professionals who focus on supporting students like you. Often, you will also find peer support networks, where other students who have shared your experience can support you in your learning journey.
Available services include:
- Academic Advising provides you with information about how to choose courses. Specialized advising is also available for International students and students with disabilities.
- Career Services can help you develop a resume and find work opportunities to support your career development.
- Co-operative Education provides opportunities to include paid workplace learning in your degree program.
- Counselling provides both personal and career counselling to students.
- Indigenous Services for Students provides support to Aboriginal students.
- IT (Information Technology) can help with student email and accessing software for courses.
- Learning Centres provide peer tutoring, academic skills workshops, and learning strategist consultations to support you as you develop learning skills.
- Library provides research support, training in citation styles, group study rooms, and access to a wide range of books and databases.
- Accessibility Services provide advising and accomodations for students.
- Sport & Recreation helps you to maintain an active lifestyle.
- Student Awards and Financial Assistance provides information on scholarship and bursary opportunities available to students.
- Student Association organizes student clubs, activities, and additional student services.
Take some time this week to get to know your university resources. Visit a student service either in-person, or online. Find out how this service can help you with a current concern. If now is the right time, make an appointment.