To have a good grasp of electrical theory it is important to have a grasp of trigonometry. Whether we are talking about single phase or polyphase power, trigonometry is a key concept. The first part of this textbook will look at one of the most basic parts of trigonometry: the triangle.
- Define different types of angles
- Identify the attributes of right triangles
- Apply Pythagoras’ theorem
- Demonstrate trigonometry using right triangles
- Explain impedance triangles
- Explain power triangles