This Virtual Simulation Game is intended for nursing students who are exploring and/or have completed content on surgical nursing care. The Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity content is relevant for students and other allied health professionals.
By the end of this virtual simulation game, the learner will be able to:
- Explore personal values/biases/judgements when working with a diverse client population.
- Demonstrate relational practice skills to support a client centered care approach.
- Analyze and interpret salient data to support appropriate nursing actions.
- Apply and evaluate post-operative assessment techniques.
- Evaluate nursing actions using critical reflection and debrief discussion.
Prior to beginning this VSG, you may want to visit and review the following resources.
- SOGI Nursing Toolkit: https://soginursing.ca/ [open in a new tab]
- Understanding disparities – New York- Presbyterian Hospital. New York Presbyterian. (n.d.). Retrieved June 10, 2022, from https://www.nyp.org/documents/pps/cultural-competency/Understanding%20Disparities%20-%20LGBTQ%20Terminology.pdf [new tab]
Post-operative Nursing Care:
Prior to beginning the virtual simulation game, please evaluate your existing competence in the game concepts by completing the Self assessment rubric [download]