Speak & Present Effectively
Clear communication is a simple concept that’s the foundation of good presentations. In this chapter, you’ll learn how to engage your audience by being easy to understand.
What is Clear Communication and why is it important?
Tips for presenters:
- Think from the audience’s point of view:
- What do they need to know?
- What do they already know?
- What interests them?
- How much background info do they need?
- Avoid bland words such as really or very. Use strong words instead. For example: brilliant is stronger (and more interesting) than very smart
- Speak to the senses: use descriptive words that help your audience see, hear, feel, taste and smell what you’re talking about