How to use this tutorial
There are four modules in this tutorial:
- Get Started on your Research
- Recognize Types of Information
- Develop your Search Strategy
- Evaluate your Sources
The modules are ordered, more or less, as though you are conducting a research project, starting with developing research questions and ending with using sources in your writing. In between, you will learn how to figure out what kind of sources to look for, where to find them, and how to evaluate them.
Some instructors may assign one module or all of them, depending on the requirements of your class.
Each module consists of:
- written text
- activities to try out your skills and test your understanding
- short quizzes (linked in a Moodle site) that will be marked and contribute towards a badge acknowledging your completion [STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT]
The modules should take roughly 20 minutes each to complete. You will be able to revisit the text and activity portions as many times as you like; however, you will only have one opportunity to do each quiz.
Use the arrows at the bottom of each page to move forward and backward through the modules. Or, use the Contents menu in the top left hand corner to go to a particular section.
Upon completion of each module, you will receive certification that will be attached to your Moodle profile, visible to instructors and others in the Moodle community [STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT]
Please contact librarian Celia Brinkerhoff at email@example.com.