We, the authors, believe education needs to be available to everyone, which means supporting the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of all content we create online.
The web version of this resource has been designed with accessibility in mind by incorporating the following features.
- It has been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology.
- All content can be navigated using a keyboard.
- Links, headings, tables are formatted to work with screen readers and images and gifs have alt tags.
- Information is not conveyed by colour alone.
- Font may be resized from the tab on the top right of the screen.
Other File Formats
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats, including PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), MOBI (for Kindles), and various editable files. These formats can be retrieved from the “Download this book” drop-down menu on the book’s home page.
Known Accessibility Issues
The rubric used to evaluate this resource for accessibility is included in the publication’s back matter. While we strive to make our resources as accessible and as usable as possible, we might not always get it right. Any issues we identify will be listed below. There are currently no known issues.
|Location of issue||Need for improvement||Timeline||Workaround|
If you encounter problems accessing this resource, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know so we can address the issue.
Please include the following information:
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue
- e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screenreader
This statement was last updated on April 27, 2020.
This statement was was modified from the Mavs Open Press book Creating Online Learning Experiences by Matt Crosslin and is used under a CC BY 4.0 International License.