6. CITING AND DOCUMENTING SOURCES IN IEEE STYLE
Citing and documenting your sources is a critical component of using research in your writing. It gives credit to the experts upon whom you have built your argument. From an ethical standpoint, citing correctly, accurately, and thoroughly strengthens your credibility and the validity of your ideas.
Chapter 6 Learning Objectives
This chapter will help you understand how to use IEEE style to
- Create in-text citations that alert the reader to your use of a source
- Effectively place in-text citations within your sentences
- Create an informative and usable References section
- Document various kinds of sources you may use in your documents.
It contains the following sections:
6.1 Frequently Asked Questions: on how to cite within the body of your report
6.2 Setting Up Your Reference List: Sample References for various kinds of sources