Part I. The Initiative Leader’s Handbook
Chapter 2 – What Is a Discipline-Based Education Specialist?
- What is a DBES?
- What is the nature of the DBES position?
- What does an DBES do — and what is not their job?
- How do you structure an DBES position?
Chapter 3 – What Makes a DBES Successful?
- What is the development path of a DBES?
- How do you initially train DBESs in the science of teaching and learning?
- How do you help DBESs develop fully as change agents?
- How can you build a DBES community?
Chapter 4 – The Central Organization: Overseeing the Initiative
- What is the central organization?
- What does the central organization do?
- What human and financial resources are required?
- How do you solicit and fund effective proposals?
- How do you supervise the work?
- How can you create community?
- How can you lay the groundwork for sustainability?