After this chapter, you will be able to:
- State the first condition of equilibrium.
- Explain the difference between static equilibrium and dynamic equilibrium.
- State the second condition that is necessary to achieve equilibrium.
- Explain torque and the factors on which it depends.
- Describe the role of torque in rotational mechanics
- Calculate the mechanical advantage.
- Explain the forces exerted by muscles.
- State how a bad posture causes back strain.
- Discuss the benefits of skeletal muscles attached close to joints.
- Discuss various complexities in the real system of muscles, bones, and joints.
- Calculate angular acceleration of an object.
- Observe the link between linear and angular acceleration.
- Observe the kinematics of rotational motion.
- Understand the relationship between force, mass and acceleration.
- Study the turning effect of force.
- Study the analogy between force and torque, mass and moment of inertia, and linear acceleration and angular acceleration.