After this chapter, you will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy of muscle-tendon complex.
- Describe the function and structure of muscle
- Explain how muscles work with tendons to move the body
- Describe how muscles contract and relax
- Explain how the nervous system controls muscle tension
- Define concentric action, eccentric action, electromechanical delay, fatigue, hyperplasia, hypertrophy, atrophy, isometric action, motor unit.
- Describe how the muscle-tendon complex acts together to create movement.
- List the factors that affect how much force the muscle-tendon complex can produce.
- Describe how the body moves as a series of lever systems.