Download the module 5 overview as a Word document.
Welcome to Module #5! In this module, we’ll be bringing together all of the skills we’ve learned throughout the semester to focus on persuasion. This module will take 2 weeks, and you should complete it by <<date>>.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN! Work with your pod to make your mind map for Module 4. Remember: the goal of the mind map is to help you deepen your learning by inviting you to make connections between different elements of the course. You should find connections between the 4 elements of the course (Brenda Knights narratives, readings, interactive lecture, activities/ assignments) and between Module 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Working in your group, think about what you learned and how those ideas are connected. Your mind map doesn’t have to include EVERY idea presented, just the ones that are meaningfully connected for your group.
<<insert overview video>>
In this module:
- We will investigate how people change their minds.
- We will develop a strategy to change someone’s mind.
- We will build on the citation and source use skills we learned to build an argument.
- We will build on the storytelling and persuasion skills we learned to create engaging oral presentations.’
- We will learn how to find job postings and read them effectively.
- We will think about the unique contributions we make as employees.