Chapter 1 – Engineering
Greatest Engineering Achievements of the 20th Century by the National Academy of Engineering
According to the USA’s National Academy of Engineering, these are the top 20 engineering achievements of the last century.
How many of the 20th century’s greatest engineering achievements will you use today? A car? Computer? Telephone? Explore our list of the top 20 achievements and learn how engineering shaped a century and changed the world.
- Water supply and distribution
- Radio and televison
- Agriculture mechanization
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Household appliances
- Health technologies
- Petroleum and Petrochemical Technologies
- Laser and fibre optics
- Nuclear technologies
- High performance materials