Chapter 10: Qualitative Data Collection & Analysis Methods
- Describe the circumstances under which it is suitable to use the interview technique for data collection.
- Explain semi-structured interview
- Identify the characteristics of an open-ended question.
- Describe an interview guide.
- Identify the challenges associated with interviewing.
- Explain what a focus group is and identify the situations where conducting a focus group is valuable.
- Describe when it is appropriate to utilize videography as a data collection method.
- Identify the pros and cons of videography as a data collection method.
- Explain what a code is and describe the coding process.
- Describe the differences between inductive and deductive coding.
- Describe the two types of inductive coding (descriptive and interpretive) and compare those to the two deductive coding (open and focused/axial coding) techniques.
- List the various steps involved in analyzing qualitative data.
- Describe an oral history.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative interviews.