Chapter 3 – Ethnography and Traditional Lifeways
- Identify early anthropological researchers in Yukon and the significance of their work.
- Explain what collaborative research is.
- Explain why oral stories and traditions are important.
- Identify Yukon’s Indigenous languages and where they are spoken.
- Identify the differences between Athapaskan and Tlingit languages.
- Describe some commonalities and differences within the seasonal round of families living in Yukon before newcomers arrived (some of which still continue today).
- Describe some of the ceremonies that occurred in Yukon before newcomers arrived (some of which still continue today).
- Explain Indigenous trade relationships that existed before newcomers arrived in Yukon.
- Identify some current anthropological researchers and their collaborators.