Chapter 5 – Yukon Indigenous Peoples and Governance
- Describe the significance of the document: Together Today for Our Children Tomorrow.
- Explain what the Yukon Umbrella Final Agreement is and why it is significant.
- Explain what First Nation Final agreements are and their purpose.
- Explain what Self-Government Agreements are and their purpose.
- Identify which First Nations have not settled their land claims under the Umbrella Final Agreement and why they have chosen this path.
- Identify some of the key people involved in the Yukon land claim movement and current discussions on self-determination.