Chapter 11: Emotions and Motivations
Fill in the Blank(s)
- ________ is a general tendency to expect positive outcomes.
- Glucose levels in the bloodstream are regulated by the hormone ________.
- The sexual response cycle begins with ________ and ends with ________.
- The HPA axis is comprised of the ________, the ________ ________and the ________ ________.
- The ________-________ theory of emotion argues that our experience of emotion occurs alongside our experience of arousal.
- A ________ is a driving force that initiates and directs behaviour.
- Gestures, body position, facial expression and paralanguage are all kind of ________________.
- The suggestion that movement of the muscles in our face may trigger corresponding emotions is referred to as the ________ ________ hypothesis.
- ________ ________ is an eating disorder characterized by binge eating followed by purging.
- According to the two-factor theory of emotion, the experience of emotion is determined by both arousal and ________ ________.
- excitement, resolution
- hypothalamus, pituitary gland, adrenal glands
- nonverbal communication
- facial feedback
- bulimia nervosa
- cognitive appraisal