Chapter 6: States of Consciousness
- Caffeine, nicotine and cocaine are all classed as ________.
- The daily waking and sleeping cycle is an example of a ________ rhythm.
- The pineal gland secretes the hormone ________ that facilitates the onset of sleep.
- Freud argued that dreams have both ________ content and ________ content.
- Alcohol is classed as a ________.
- Stage N3 sleep is also known as ________ ________ sleep.
- The idea that the mind and body are two separate entities is called ________.
- In the context of sleep, REM stands for ________ ________ ________.
- ________ ________ is a sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing that last at least ten seconds.
- The four primary classes of psychoactive drugs are ________, ________, ________ and ________.
- manifest, latent
- slow wave
- rapid eye movement
- sleep apnea
- stimulants, depressants, opioids, hallucinogens