Chapter 7: Growing and Developing
Fill in the Blank(s)
- Kohlberg argued that people who are able to use abstract reasoning when thinking about moral behaviour have reached the stage of ________ morality.
- ________ parents make few demands and give little punishment; they generally allow their children to make their own rules.
- ________ adulthood is roughly defined as being between 45 and 65 years of age.
- According to Kubler-Ross, the final phases of the grieving process are ________ and ________.
- In Erikson’s model, the key challenge of young adulthood is ________ versus ________.
- Beginning in the ninth week after conception, the embryo becomes a ________.
- In Marcia’s stage model of identity development, ________ status describes a person who is exploring various choices but has not yet made a clear commitment to any of them.
- According to Piaget, a key achievement of the sensorimotor stage is an understanding of object ________.
- A child with ________ attachment has no consistent way of coping with the stress of a strange situation.
- ________ sex characteristics distinguish the two sexes from each other but are not involved in reproduction.
- depression, acceptance
- intimacy, isolation