Chapter 9: Remembering and Judging
Fill In the Blank(s)
- The sense that we know the information we are trying to recall but can’t quite come up with it is known as the ________ ________.
- The ________ effect refers to a tendency to better remember items presented at the beginning of a list.
- ________ memory refers to knowledge or experiences that can be consciously remembered.
- The strengthening of the synaptic connections between neurons as a result of frequent stimulation is called ______ ________.
- The hippocampus is particularly important for explicit memories while the ________ is particularly important for implicit memories.
- Visual sensory memory is more commonly referred to as ________ ________.
- The central executive is the part of ________ ________ that directs attention and processing.
- ________ fixedness occurs when people’s schemas prevent them from using an object in new and non-traditional ways.
- The term ________ ________ is used to describe a vivid and emotional memory of an unusual event that people believe they remember very well.
- Damage to the amygdala would most likely disrupt our ________ memories.
- tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon
- long-term potentiation
- iconic memory
- working memory
- flashbulb memory