Chapter 13: Defining Psychological Disorders
- The ________ ________ ________ Manual of Mental Disorders provides standard criteria for the classification of mental disorders.
- Social withdrawal, poor hygiene, apathy and limited speech are all ________ symptoms of schizophrenia.
- ________ disorder is a psychological disorder characterized by sudden attacks of anxiety and terror.
- A person suffering from OCD will be bothered by repetitive ________ and repetitive ________.
- ________ is a fear of germs or dirt.
- ________ disorders involve the disruption or breakdown of memory, awareness and identity.
- Conversion disorder is a type of ________ disorder.
- Voyeurism is classified as a ________.
- Bipolar disorder and dysthymia are both ________ disorders.
- Multiple personality disorder is now called ________ ________ disorder.
- Diagnostic and Statistical
- thoughts, actions
- paraphilia ….. sexual disorder may be an acceptable answer depending on your prof.
- dissociative identity