Creative Commons (CC) licenses are types of open licenses that can be applied to Open Educational Resources. These licenses make it easier to share and reuse the work you create. This module will explore the basic concept of Creative Commons licenses and how they relate to copyright.
- Explain the basic concept of Creative Commons licenses and how they relate to copyright
- Explain the difference between using a work under “fair dealing” rules and using one with a CC license
- Give examples of what one can/cannot do with resources that have different CC licenses (BY, NC, SA, ND)
- Point to ways to find CC licensed content of various types
- Apply a CC license to their own work, and share that work in a format that is easily re-usable by others
Image Credit: Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND by Umberto Unsplash (Unsplash license).