Research reproducibility is increasingly challenging in a digital ecosystem where project artifacts may live in many different tools and be owned by many different collaborators. This can be mediated by the use of workflow tools. This module introduces core concepts around what it means to conduct research openly, why open workflows are important, and introduces the OSF as a multi-disciplinary workflow tool that supports better collaboration and file management across the research life-cycle.
- Understand what it means to engage with an open workflow.
- Articulate core concepts around reproducibility and replicability.
- Explain the relationship between open workflows and reproducible research
- Understand the overall setup of reproducible research (including open workflow process and best practices for organizing research materials and data)
- Identify the benefits and risks of using tools such as the OSF.