- Identify the femur, tibia, and fibula and their anatomical features.
- Identify the bones of the foot and their relative positions.
- Be able to explain the origin, insertion, action, and innervation of the 5 adductor muscles, the knee flexors and extensors, and muscles that move the foot.
- Identify the seven major supporting ligaments of the knee joint. This includes their function and relative positioning.
- Develop a basic understanding of the ligaments in the foot, and ligaments associated with the ankle.
- Identify the major blood vessels in this region and what areas these vessels drain/supply blood to.
- Develop a general understanding of the major clinical conditions in this area.