- Understand feature of the ischium, pubis, and ilium that make up the pelvic girdle. This includes anatomical feature, differences among gender, and function.
- Be able to fully describe the origin, insertion, action, and nerve innervation of the 4 gluteal muscles and the 6 lateral rotator muscles. Also be able to describe there relative position with one another.
- Identify the main muscles that make up the pelvic floor and their function.
- Understand the features of the hip joint and the main ligaments associated with pelvis.
- Identify the major blood vessels in this region and what areas these vessels drain/supply blood to.
- Develop a general understanding of the major clinical conditions in this area.